Discussed on 28/08/2015 at 13:26
New topic on 24/08/2015 at 16:03
New topic on 24/08/2015 at 14:56
Bus Services in the French Alps
Details and contact information on the regional and city bus systems in the French Alps...
Bus services connect most towns and villages. The Mairie or Tourist Office can advise on municipal travel within towns and cities. Many of the Mairie and municipal websites have a transport section with timetables and links to other sites.
Local tourist offices and their websites are a good source of travel information. Staff are generally able to speak English and can offer help with making bookings and provide timetables.
The main resorts are well catered for with buses running between them and many rail stations.
Coach stations (Gare Routieres) are often located next to the train station. Tickets can be bought from their offices. In some cases payment can be made on the bus.
A number of operators cover the area with routes between most main towns.
- For a map, routes and links to the various operators: Click here
There are plenty of bus stations in the area including Gap, Briançon and Embrun.
- Jacob Tourisme is the main operator in the Gap area
- Resalp Autocars has routes and timetables in the Briançon area
- Autocars Rignon provide coach services from Brignon to Serre-Chevalier
TransIsère is the bus service for Isère. Regular service runs from Central Grenoble and Grenoble airport to the ski resorts during the season.
VFD provides coach transport from the Gare Routière in Grenoble to 21 ski resorts as well as main towns in the Isère region and Grenoble airport.
Tel: 04 76 87 90 31
Open: Monday to Saturday 06:15-19:00 and Sunday 07:15-19:00 for bookings, information and timetables
- Le Train Bleu/Keolis operates tourist tours, school transport and local bus services in the Grenoble area. The office is next to the train station in Saint Marcellin (38).
- For timetable and route information: Click here
- Stac is the bus company serving the Chambery area
Tel: 04 79 68 67 00
- Altibus runs bus services between SNCF stations and 60 destinations in the Alps. The main website is in French but there is an English section for online booking
Tel: 04 79 68 32 96
- Altibus serves the Haute-Savoie region, running bus services between SNCF stations and 60 destinations in the Alps. The main website is in French but there is an English section for online booking
Tel: 04 79 68 32 96
- SAT (Societe Annemassienne de Transports) is the local bus company for the Annemasse area. Offices are next to the train station for bookings
- TAC (Transports Annemassiens en Commun Bus Urbains) is the bus company for Annemasse itself
At: 1 bis rue Adrien Ligue, Annemasse
Tel: 04 50 38 55 55
- Sibra is the public bus company serving Annecy and the surrounding area. The website has an English version with timetables. Office is close to the rail station at Annecy
- Touriscar is based in department 74 at Collonges sur Saleve, but runs services between rail stations and resorts. The website has an English version with an online booking option